What Museums Can Teach You About Cleaning Sterling Silver Jewelry
Cleaning your Sterling Silver Jewelry like a pro is easy and FREE!
Museums have been using this effective method for many years, and now you can too with whats in your kitchen right now! This method is both effective and very gentle. Here's how it works:
---= What you need =---
1) hot water (we highly recommend distilled or purified water)
3) aluminum foil
4) Your tarnished jewelry
---= What to do =---
1) Line the bottom of a small container with aluminum foil.
2) Add 1 - 2 table spoons of salt.
3) Add hot water. The hotter the better. Be careful (Don't use tap water; it may leave mineral deposits)
4) Stir until the salt is fully dissolved.
5) Dip your Sterling Silver Jewelry in the solution.
6) Dry your jewelry thoroughly.
Almost as if by magic, the tarnish will instantaneously travel from the Silver Jewelry to the Aluminum! That's it! Your done! A simple and safe chemical reaction. The aluminum simply attracts the tarnish from the silver!
No toxic chemicals! No scrubbing! No mess!
This method is fantastic and we highly recommend it for removing tarnish from you jewelry, but be aware that it only removes tarnish (the yellow stuff). It doesn't remove dirt, oils, sweat, hazing, etc.
If your looking for a more powerful, more complete cleaning solution, check out our Silver polishing cloths. They're the fastest, easiest, and safest complete cleaning solution. And they're only $4.99! http://www.dreamlandjewelry.com/supplies.html
Read Related Articles Below ...